In 1876 the railroad was built between Stockholm and Västerås, passing through Sundbyberg.
The district was founded by its most influential citizen, Anders Petter Löfström.
In 1888 Sundbyberg was separated from Bromma parish and became a marketplace.
Nybergs Mechanics, Max Sieverts, Alpha, Kronan oven and crispbread factory, AB Marabou, and many others began their operations in the early 1900s.
In 1927 Sundbyberg was incorporated as Sweden´s 113th city.